Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Question about reliable playback hack
  • I Have owned my GH2 for a good few months now and tried a few different hacks. I was running the 44mb/s vanilla hack and have a few gripes that I was wondering if anyone can help me with. 1st I occasionally get some distortion for a sort period on some shots usually at the start of a clip. 2nd with all the hacks i have tried I always have a playback on the camera problem. I have read if you turn the camera off/on you can playback the file but it doesn't work for me. I have a "ScanDisk 32gb extreme pro 95mb/s"

Now I have tried to look through the many hacks there are on this forum for hours but still can't find an answer to my problem (playback issue) I would like a hack that shoots well in low light and also is good for the occasional 60fps shoot (for slow motion) Would like to be able to get around 45mins of footage on my card.

Would very much appreciate people advice on this. Cheers

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • How come no one has tried to help you since last May? :) I wouldn't count as an experienced user of hacks, so have this in mind. The hack I've been using for about 3-4 months now was a version of the Apocalypse Now Intravenus hack. It's been pretty good, I've shot two music videos with it, accompanied by a Canon 5D MKII and a Canon 550d (it kicks their arse in dynamic range and sharpness and detail) but I will be making my graduation short film at the end of April, so I thought I'd give some more hacks a try. I've only tried the new Sanity X, which can be played back in camera, (the Apocalypse wouldn't play back, and would give occasional write errors) and the newest Valkyrie 444 hack. I settled with the last one. Footage can be played back as well, can shoot some kind of an upscaled 2k in mjpeg mode, and in ptools i've seen some options for 1920p 50-60fps shooting but I can't quite make out where this can be found in the camera settings. I'm using a SanDisk 32gb extreme pro 95mb/s card too.

Sorry for any mistakes, I'm still a newb but I hope it helps!

Here's the link for the Valkyrie hack: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/5385/gh2-freeze-less-reliable-all-round-settings-series-2-valkyrie-golgop3-13-gop3zilla-natural-