Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Disable AGC on G2
  • Hi there,

if this question was already anwered somewhere else ... please forgive me :)

Is there any way to tweak the AGC - value on the Panasonic G2? Or is there even a way to disable AGC completely?

I use a Zoom H1 with a DIY-AttenuatorCable on my G2 and the sound could be alright if there wasn't this noise during silence due to AGC ... Any help would be mostly appreciated :)

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • If you use Zoom why you are worried about G2 sound? Why not to use sound recorded on Zoom?

• Because it is so much work to get it all synced in post. Currently I use the G2 to do some kind of a documentary project, where I need to act pretty fast ... so can't always get in front of the camera an do a handclap ... also, when I'm in a hurry I tend to forget to push the record-button on the Zoom.

Now, I'm looking for a way to get the best possible in-camera record setup

• Because it is so much work to get it all synced in post

All you really need is proper software.

Check PluralEyes or Magix or other editors.

As for AGC, I think no one will disable it. It is better get new camera.

• Doing a little bit more research I found this solution: http://www.learningdslrvideo.com/t2i-7d-disable-agc-rode-videomic/

... but I guess wasting one stereo channel just to get rid of the AGC isn't optimal as well ... maybe there is some other way to turn AGC off, without using PTool? Perhaps some value in the .bin-file you could change manually ... ? Probably not ... ?