Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Gh2 Non-Spanning Hacks for Pluraleyes?
  • I'm looking for a stable hack that gives me files that don't span, only because Pluraleyes cannot use spanned MTS files unfortunately. Do any exist? Or do I have to use the default firmware?

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • The hacks that don't span simply stop recording before the MTS file reaches 4 GB. There are no hacks that record longer without spanning. The unhacked GH2 can't do it either.

But it's trivial to combine spanned MTS files into one large MTS file that any app should be able to read, assuming the app doesn't croak on large files. See "spanning" in http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/gh2-usage/gh2-usage

• What if you converted the MTS files to MOV with 5DtoRGB? Would that work?

• I was confused by your spanning post. According to the FAQ, you can combine the spanned video files into one giant one. But, you said it's trivial to do that? Wouldn't that allow Pluraleyes to work with the files?

Also: I know this is probably covered somewhere else. But, what's a reliable hack to use? I was using Apocalypse Now, but I can't review the videos immediately (screen goes blank) etc. Would love something that doesn't output HUGE files, but gives a bit of a boost than the unhacked GH2.

• @thebmillz, try Sanity for a reliable hack.

• Yes, it probably would allow PluralEyes to read the file. Trivial means easy.