Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Possible to disable video recording start/stop on GH2 main shutter button?
  • Is it possible to disable the stop/start video recording function of the GH2's main shutter button? When I'm shooting video, I'd like to use that button just to change focus while filming. But it's so sensitive -- if I press just the tiniest bit too hard the camera stops recording rather than just refocusing. (I do practice, but still end up missing shots.)

I am hoping that I just missed a setting somewhere and that it's possible to set it up so that the red video button handles the stop/start, and the main shutter button does focus only. It wouldn't be the first time I've been confounded and confused by the settings!

Cheers and thanks in advance, Lori

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Yeah that happens to me too. I don't think that is an available setting - maybe you could just use the lcd touch focus feature?

• Thanks, htinla! That would indeed be possible, but I feel much more comfortable focusing through the EVF. And sometimes I can't quickly get into a position where my face can be far enough away from the LCD for my eyes to have a chance of focusing on it (even with my glasses).

I've continued searching, but haven't found anything suggesting that the feature I'd like is available (or even hackable). Guess I will just have to keep practicing my trigger finger, haha! :-)

• I disabled the red video button and use just the shutter button to start/stop video recording. That way, I got use to using just the one button, hence my finger only has the muscle memory for that button.