Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Flow motion sound problem
  • Hi, I was shooting with flow motion and I nologer get sound. Is it possible I disabled the sound in a menu someplace? How would you recommend I fix this issue? I have a shoot tomorrow and and very stressed out about this... hahaha

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • @eyeiaye

Here are the most common causes of "no sound".

1) Something is plugged into the external mic input jack but isn't being used (for example an adapter with nothing in it).

2) Sometimes the mic level is set to 1 and you are in a very quiet environment. Try setting the mic level to 4 and see if you have the same problem and turn on the volume meters to see what's going on.

3) Less common but sometimes people accidentally record in VMM mode (which doesn't record sound). Check to make sure you are not in VMM.

4) If none of the above apply to you, there may be something physically wrong with the camera.

Anyway, be aware that the improved audio settings used in most hacks allow you to set the volume level to be much quieter than the default factory settings make possible. So make sure to check the mic level setting before you worry about anything else.

• I'm very disappointed. I'm beginner with the GH2. I try to choose the good patch for a hack. Flow motion looks rea

• I'm very disappointed. I'm beginner with GH2 and I would like to try Flow motion which looks really good. But if there is no sound... I've already read sth about trouble with sound with flow somewhere else on this site. But in PTools you can desable the sound settings. Thanks to give more news.

• @small Flow Motion v2 uses the Pasadena Pulse audio patch developed by @thepalalias . Thousands of Personal-View users have downloaded this patch and it has earned a solid reputation for trouble-free reliability. From your brief description, it would be hard to guess what is causing the audio problem you're having. I'd suggest downloading a fresh copy of Flow Motion v2 and reinstalling it without making any changes to patch settings in PTool.

• @eyeiaye @small Yes, as @LPowell mentioned, there have been no reported instances of audio problems that have actually been linked to either Flowmotion or the Pasadena Pulse audio settings when empirical testing is applied.

I mention several things to rule out above but I have repeatedly tested dozens of patches, including FlowMotion v2 time and time again, and never had the audio issues described. The current Pasadena Pulse audio settings are completely identical in every setting they are used in - there is no difference in the audio recorded by the many settings that use them from Flowmotion v2 to the recent @bkmwcd or @driftwood settings like Moon 5, Spizz or DREWnet.

Once again, the issues @eyeiaye mentioned are both highly unusual and have not been shown to occur because of either Flow Motion v2 or included Pasadena Pulse audio settings.

• Are you running the variable frame rate mode?

Variable frame rate camera setting will not record audio. A lot of people use the 80% setting but have to sacrifice audio. This is normal.