Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
What's the best GH2 hack for MOTION JPEG?
  • I know AVCHD gets a lot of attention, but which hack (or hacks) are the most stable and best quality for Motion JPEG?

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • @ acuriousman

Try Sedna AQ20 with very good class 10

• @ acuriousman

Sedna offers very stable AVCHD GOP 1, HBR and low contrast mjpeg 1080p - Ex Tele supported

seta.ini
  • Flow Motion v2.02 includes my original 100Mbps 1080p MJPEG patch. These settings are designed to maintain consistently high bitrates in both well-exposed and low-light conditions.

• I've been following this thread. Thanks for posting @LPowell. That's what I'll be going for.

• Thank you Lp! That looks very interesting. Is there anything lower than 100mbps per chance? I couldn't find Sedna's bitrate on the settings page.

• So you want best quality with lower bitrate??? This does not work out, the higher the bitrate the more details can be preserved. This count for MJPEG even more than for AVCHD.

• I understand, I'll rephrase my question. Which hack is better than the GH2's stock bitrate for MJPEG? As well as being stable.

• All newer driftwood settings contain stable high quality MJPEG settings. There hasn't been much new in the last year in MJPEG corner, so prety much any of them will do.