Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Fujinon - New HD Lowercost Pro Lenses ?
  • Anyone tried these to use with MFT ?

I wish they made similar lens for MFT :-)

• 15 Replies sorted by
  • The only thing that I don't really like about lenses like these is that the front glass usually rotates. If you look closely you can notice it during focus pulls and especially if there are lens flares or smudges/dirt on the lens.

• @svart , "front glass usually rotates"

that's very bad thing, lenses should not work that way ... :-(

• The front glass on these lenses does not rotate. And even if they did, it's not a "very bad thing". For a long time that's how the best broadcast lenses were.

These lenses are designed for 3-CCD cameras with prism beam splitters. They can be used with an adapter that optically compensates for the missing prism in m43 cameras.

• I have three fujinon eng/tv lenses and have seen a lot of others and all of their fronts turn, outer lens included. Hopefully these specific ones don't, but I haven't seen one yet that doesn't.

• I just wish there was similar lens to work directly with MFT :-)

• @balazer - can you give us a heads up on the adapter manufacturer? Thanks..

• @balazer , would this cover MFT sensor without EX mode ? Also as i see the aperture is not constant ...

• On that particular lens the minimum f-number goes up from 1.8 to 2.7 at focal lengths from 113 to 170 mm. Otherwise the f-number is constant. That's typical of ENG and broadcast zoom lenses with large zoom ratios.

This lens is a 2/3" format lens, so it would need to be used with ETC mode on the GH2 or the GH3. If you don't want to use ETC mode, you can purchase a more expensive converter with optics to expand the image to the 4/3" format.

http://www.abelcine.com/store/HDx2-MFT-B4-MFT-Optical-Adapter/

• @balazer , uh, the price is going up like a rocket not worth the end result :-) I still would like a native solution to MFT , but with this kind of lens ...

• This kind of lens costs $5000, in any format and any mount. Do you want to spend $5000 on this kind of lens?

• @balazer , no :-) Not with my poor budget :-)

• @balazer something like lumix 12-35 or more but with this kind of buttons zoom, focus etc and hand strap would be nice :-)

• Then you don't really want this kind of lens. :) HD, large aperture, parfocal, constant f-number, large zoom ratio, inner focus, servo zoom... Those things add up.

Something like the Sony NEX VG-10, VG-20H, or VG-30H is probably closer to what you want.

• @balazer , sure if i had that money :-)