Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Strange 7" Monitor
  • I recently have been looking for a decent monitor and I was wondering what other variations out there, as I didn't really need all of the features for some of them, especially since I have an external battery pack. I ran into the newest 7" Lilliput monitor which I found on eBay, which was lacking some options, but which had the exact same specs for the monitor I was previously looking at (same resolution, brightness, contrast, and viewing angle.) I decided to search Google for a 1280x800 7"monitor and see what else was out there.

I think I found what I was looking for here: http://www.adafruit.com/products/1033#Description . A barebones version for sure, but it may get the job done.

Most important for me, it does still have a 1/4-20 mount and will accept anywhere from 5-24VDC. I do wish it had a hood, but I can deal with that.

I should be getting one in the near future since it's only going to be about $175 shipped, so I can let you know what I think.

What do you guys think, though?