Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Das Boot Documentary
  • Really like original film (they had theatrical version, director cut and even longer TV version).

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Awesome, thank you!

• Very nice. One of the best german movies. I was in that submarine in which they shot the movie. Incredibly claustophobic.

• If you're in the US, Das Boot: Directors Cut is available streaming on Amazon for free if you're a Prime member. Love this movie, second only to Hunt for Red October and primarily because I saw October first and it gave me my love of Tom Clancy novels and submarines in general. Love the regular cut and Director's, never seen the TV version.

Now I just wish someone would make Thunder Below, Captain Eugine B. Flucky's memoir about the USS Barb, America's most successful submarine in the pacific. Only he came close to the successes the Germans had in submarine warfare in WWII. One of my first computer games way back was Silent Service II, a submarine simulator of war in the pacific. Played that game for hours.

• @CRFilms best submarine flick EVER!!! just creating some false antagonism ;P
    cheers mates