Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Newbie bought GH2 with hack - what do i do?
  • Hello - I just bought a used GH2. The previous owner told me that it was hacked and I don't know anything about this stuff. He said: "I believe the last one installed on it was cluster X trial 7 - I believe I got up to GH2_V32.bin in naming the firmware file"

Should I leave that hack on the camera, or just put it back to the original firmware? And if I leave it do I need a specific SD card?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • with cluster x trial 7 (it should be drewnet one, cause it has the 7th trial. if I'm not wrong) you can use class 10 30mbs sandisk or similar or faster but skip 45mbs cards some of them caused many read and write problems. and it is a very good setting to start with.

• @grizz79

everything you should need to know is in the FAQs at the top

• @grizz79

If everything works as it is supposed to then why fix what is not broken? If anything at all(Camera freezes, Write Errors, No Spanning) doesn't work to your expectations then you will have to install hacked firmware without any modifications.

The original firmware will not install over a hacked firmware.

• @grizz79: I believe that mpggxsvcd is incorrect: You can install a patch that is more or less the same as the original firmware. It's pretty easy. Read the FAQs on how to get Vitaly's hack and how to use it to install patches to your camera. You can use this to install the camera's original firmware, without any patches. (I recommend leaving the camera able to use higher ISOs and longer record times.)

• hit the red button :)