Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Stopover Bangkok
  • I have always wanted to visit Bangkok. On a recent business trip I had a few hours during a stopover. It is an amazing city, very different to what I expected. But have a look yourself!

• 18 Replies sorted by
  • so you carry your slider and your tripod in your hand luggage huh? :) Awesome work.

• Very nice video! Such great shots. So when you travel on business do you always bring a slider or pocket dolly with you?

• @radikalfilm no, no slider. I just carry a camera bag with two bodies and the lenses. The "slider" shots were handheld.

• @douglashorn thank you. See above, no slider, also no tripod. I use a rice bag for camera stabilization.

• I really like the color grading of all your work. Great video.

• @GMC - Wow, seriously? No slider? I've shot off bags plenty of times but I don't think I could get 'slider' shots that smooth handheld. How did you lock down your speeded up shots?

• Amazing footage, really love it. Incredible that you got such shots without a slider...

• Anothet great work. Stunning framing as usual. Can you please elaborate your rice bag stabilizer?

• @Douglashorn well it takes a bit of practice and the warp stabilizer from premiere pro ;-)

• @Stonebat thanks for the nice feedback! Maybe you have seen some adds for the Phillip Bloom V-Bag recently? My rice bag is similar (without evacuating). It is small, lightweight and you can find a place nearly everywhere to put it between your cam and the ground.

• @GMC can I see pictures of your "rice bag"? Also while you use it? No, seriously! I can't get shots this stable on a full rig, and nevermind the "slider". I need to mount a 1m slider on a tripod onto a dolly (about 20kg of gear) to get shots like yours.

• @radikalfilm I don't have it at hand now, but it is basically a 5cm dia, 10cm long bag filled with rice. The GH1 and GH2 fit perfectly onto it, you can find places everywhere to put it and the camera on top and align it in all directions. When I do "slider" shots, I again put the cam ontop of the ricebag and drag the bag along a surface. Later I also do post stabilization (Adobe's warp stabilizer works nicely).

• Great footage and fab colours, thanks for the info on the rice bag, sounds very useful :)

• @matthere you are most welcome!

• Dragging a rice bag... haha dragging shot. I like.

• Great video, always a fan of your work Gunther!