Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Looking for two GH2 shooters in NYC to help with a project
  • Hey Personal-View community! I'm currently working on shooting an experimental/monologue type play in Manhattan that I need some help with shooting. This is my first big project as a professional videographer, though it doesn't pay much. Currently I'm looking for two GH2 owners, preferably with their own audio/lighting equipment to share, that can free up their nights to help on April 10th-13th.

As I'm only getting payed 200 dollars for this project, I can only throw the two shooters 50 bucks each for the four nights of shooting. I know, it's petty cash, and I apologize that I can't afford to throw you more. As I'm unemployed right now and also doing the edits/grade/post-audio for the project, I'm throwing myself the other 100 (basically paying for my metro card for the month). However, there will also be copy/credit of the project once I'm finished with the editing/grading/post-audio and if we can't make this an amazing project once it's finished, you'll also have some worthy footage to work with in your reels.

If you have a hypercardiod mic that will work better than my NTG-3 in a non-padded Auditorium, that would be a big plus! In a perfect world, I'd like to have two mics at either end of the stage hooked up to my fostex FR-2LE and our best mic hooked up as close to the main monologue performance as we can get. I'm also open to suggestions, as I'm not an audio expert by any means, especially for live performance.

The director is currently just using the incandescent overhead lights for his performance...I don't know if we can't do better, though I'm unequipped myself with good lights. It's not mandatory for the job, but if we couldn't afford to bring them in, if you happen to have some good lights for a smaller stage, it could go a long way to the IQ of the final product.

I might as well also mention that I think Sanity 5.1 or Cake 2.3 are my first choices for hacks, as the performance is an hour and fifteen in length. If other people want to recommend a better hack for that time length, I have a 95mbps 64gb card to work with. The work flow will basically be uploading the footage to my laptop after the show is over, and we can part ways until the next night (so we don't have any missing cards or weird mishaps like that).

So ya! This project is really for folks who are interested in collaborating on a fun and experimental project, who are pro-creative and who aren't going to be putting themselves out too much with four nights (about 3 hours each night) of prep and shooting. Any and all experience levels are welcome to help!

If you're interested, throw me a list of equipment you can offer and we can get down to more specifics for our creative input to this video : )

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • @RyanPW

I´ve successfully used cluster DREWnet (the reliable version, can´t remember which) for many long recordings (one particularly tricky dance documentation) AND shorter important ones (when not bothering / having the time to switch settings). Quality is very good. Maybe there are some newer ones which will offer the same or better - check out the lineage of cluster.

• Thanks for the tip @RRRR, I'll give that a test run and see how it works.

• I would be in front of BH with the sign " R U GH2 O "

• Haha, might just go with Mandy.com and, if that doesn't work, your idea is up next on the block.