Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Samsung Galaxy S4
  • 14 Replies sorted by
  • I've been trying to stay away from the IPhone for so long and I've had the Galaxy 1 and now the 2. I'd love for these things to work well for an extended period of time but I hate to say they just don't. I've had my 2 for about a year now and it's starting to fail on multiple levels. It seems like many people try but nobody can achieve what Apple has achieved in terms of longevity. I just don't understand it. I really liked the 2 when it came out but after about 6 months it started to freeze, lock up and drop calls. Now it's just a bear to have.

• I'm on an S3 for 4 months - all perfect. On Sprint - East Coast USA. Would love to swap for S4 with 1920 x 1080. Will check costs.

• @vicharris

Please, keep topic free from Apple vs Smth stuff

• @Matt_gh2 Really, no problems? I'm in LA and it was great at the start but it seems everytime a new version comes out, mine get's worse!

• @vicharris

Please do not turn it into flame, ok?

• @vicharris I guess i've been lucky but literally no problems with the exception of 1 thing: the first week or so, I got a few instances of people calling and I never got call and voicemail they left me didn't hit my phone for 2 hours. But after that first week I've been perfect. My usage is limited: phone, text, internet surf, and calendar. Calendar sync works very well with google calendar. I actually shot some footage for a film with it and quality was surprisingly good and it matched my gh2 lomo lens with apoc now boom footage reasonably well. (I happened to find myself at a freat location at 2 in the morning, so decided to shoot the footage. Was surprised how good it was, but sticking with my GH2 for film!)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I'm not! I don't want to go to the dark side! The 4 looks awesome! :) @Matt_gh2 It's amazing the cameras in these little things!

• I have a Galaxy S3. Like the GH2, the one I have is pretty darn good. I don't see a lot of reason to switch.

• Perhaps I'm just finally learning the lesson of being happy with what I have and not salivating the second they ring that new product bell.

• With a 5" 1920x1080 screen, they just need an HDMI input with peaking and waveforms :).

• Isn't it too wide for a cell phone? Maybe it's me but I don't get why getting any further than 3,5"...

• It seems innovation in smartphones are reaching a plateau, as with evolution of the PC. The S4 looks almost like the S3 (and you can make the same comment for other vendors). Same physical look with tweaks here and there between vendors, better processors, better screens, better cameras (working to eliminate point and shoot segment). Without going into the apps or UI, do I see a price war coming?

• Samsung already made ideal phone, Samsung Wave S8500. Small, amoled screen, metal, replaceable battery. Yep, it was not Android, but as a phone it is much better.

• @ghkqn

In fact, we all must be thankful, as big masses paid for very fast and big progress in small screens quality and resolution improvements, mobile DDR and flash memory improvements and fast mobile CPUs :-)