Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Please HELP: Why can't iPad 4 read this file?
  • Can anyone tell me why is iTunes telling me this file cannot be read by my iPad 4? I believe if fulfills every single one of Apple's specs (except maybe audio bitrate).

Thanks for your help!

P.

image.jpg
    2056 x 1536 - 1M
  • 2 Replies sorted by
  • Maybe you should try 44100 Hz instead of 48000

• Thank you for your reply.

From Apple Support:

iPad Supported Video Formats & Movie Formats

H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

I might be mistaken, but the only difference I can see is audio (160 vs 192kbps).

I suspect I might be something related to High Profile level (4.1 vs 4.2 or 4.0), or some other tecnical "detail" that I really don't know much about...

Thanks again for answering!

P.