Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
News Broadcast are scripted nationwide?
  • 10 Replies sorted by
  • Of course they are! You can't control the media if you allow them to make their own choices.. :)

• @svart well yeah, but damn, I didn't realize they pretty much e-mail out a "master script" to every TV station. lol

• Wow, at first I thought it was just a case of the ever declining level of copy being written (at all levels of news production) coupled with a lack of creativity...but...yeah...damn. We got SPAM coming from "legitimate" sources now too.

• I'm mostly surprised that folks are surprised by this.

• I'm mostly surprised that folks are surprised by this.

They weren't ALL affiliates of FOX, were they? If they were all FOX, sure, nothing to see here.

• It isn't news.

• I thought it was pretty widely-known fact that the mainstream news is controlled to an obscene degree. You better believe stories, wording etc. are all carefully chosen and crafted. Here's one of those annoying info graphics on the topic. http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/February-23-2013-15-16-50-mediainfographic.jpg

• @b3guy

Yeah, the media does their best to brainwash sheep. But damn, WORD for WORD across how many channels? I figured they would change a word or 2, so these "Conan segments" wouldn't come about.

• This was from a year ago. 6 media corporations, yup.

• Whoever the corporate copywriter is needs to go take at least a high school journalism class. It pains me every time I watch the news and see such flagrant use of passive voice and lazy writing. It's not acceptable at the local level and it's deplorable at the national level.

Fail.