Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Oscar winning documentary partly shot on the iPhone!
  • Last nights Oscar winner for documentary, searching for sugar man, was partly shot on an iPhone and edited on a simple laptop. I guess this should not be abused as an excuse for technical dilletantism or using low quality hardware, but rather as a motivation to tell good stories in the first place and not letting technical things you think you need to suceed, stop you.

http://www.moviescopemag.com/features/searching-for-sugar-man-the-directors-journey-from-story-to-screen/

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • And people get crazy out if 4K or 6K.

• Well yes, he shot a very small part of the documentary with an iPhone because he wanted a botchy and very low-res look for these shots... Just like, many years ago, some American and German filmmakers used a few shots in S-8 in 35mm films for the very same reason. So?

• it was also due to the fact, that the swedish film foundation had decided to not pay him the agreed money. So it was also a financial necessity. And its also about him doing music, editing etc with minimal financial means, many things on his own. @paddy you have totally missed the point, i am affraid.

• The most of the movie was shoot on a Sony PMW-EX1.

• i did not state otherwise, nore does the link nore does the title of my post. jesus. another one who does not get the point.