Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 - 25P and 1080P?
  • Morning all!

I currently have a UK PAL Sony Nex 5N and am happily using it to shoot away at its optimum settings at 25p 1080p. I now have purchased a GH2 in the UK and am aware that I can hack the GH2 and get 25p as well as 24p but with the 25P HBR Option on all hacks I can only see a 1080i option and not a 25p 1080p option?

Could someone please explain to me why this is?..and maybe more importantly does this matter?..will I still get great results using the interlaced 1080i and/or is therr a reason why the GH2 and any of its hacks dont offer 25p 1080p?

I have searched this forum and googled the answer and have seen topics about this but no real definiative answer, if anyone could advise it would be appreciated. Ideally I just want to be able to shoot at 25p in the UK but still be able to get the best resoultion settings which I have always believed to be 1080p?

thanks in advance

Lee

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • HBR is 25PsF - 1080p encoded as Progressive segmented frame http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_segmented_Frame

• @Alex_K so basically the same as the shooting setting 108p 25p on my NEX 5N?...Its the 1080i part that got me worried thanks!