Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 hack issues...
  • Apologies if this has been answered many times...I couldn't find the answer through my searching and this is my first time on the site.

I've gotten so far in installing my GH2 hack to get to saving the firmware on my Mac computer. However, each time I try and save it (as GH2__V11.bin), it says "Wrong file name, camera won’t be able to read such a file." I try a higher number, and same thing. Kind of baffled...any suggestions?

thank you

Daniel

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • Daniel, As a fellow Newbie, here is my answer: You typed two underscores in the file name and it should have only one (GH2_V12.bin). I use the same #s over and over again but start with V12 and go up to V19, then start over again. Probably should not call it "V11" because that is the base Panasonic firmware. I'm new here, too. :-)

• @Blackfish

It also depends on the PTool version you use. Most such errors are fixed on the fly (PTool changes file name to make it work).

• I'm using PToolv3.66d beta (190712)...tried using only one underscore, and still the same error message...

any other ideas...? I'm stuck.

thanks

d

• @Blackfish

Just go to file manager and copy opriginal file name, change last digit.

• @Blackfish @cblwrth I believe you do need 2 underscores

• Oooof. Still nothing. Vitaliy, I'm afraid I'm not sure what to do once I open File Manager. Sorry to be such an assclown on this. I may just have to give up. Tried everything I can so far..

• When the file save dialog box opens, click once on the original firmware file, so that it fills in the File Name field. Then click in the file name box, change the last digit, and click Save.

• And you shouldn't tipp "bin" at the end of the name for new file!

• Thank Balazer and Tetak.....tried both and same error message. I appreciate all your suggestions. Maybe I'll just start over from scratch and re install PTools, Wine, etc. I'm at a loss at this point.

• "Wrong file name, camera won’t be able to read such a file."

I've never encountered that message on a Mac! I usually make sure I don't overwrite the original firmware file, by making a new folder, name it i.e Cluster X, then save the new firmware in the folder. I keep all files as V11, just kept in separate folders.