Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SOLD: Panasonic LA7200 Anamorphic Lens
  • I have a Panasonic LA7200 Anamorphic Lens for sale. It comes with both caps, pouch, and original box. There is some cosmetic wear. Glass was just cleaned by Nippon Photo Clinic (I have the receipt for you) and is dust free. I highlighted a small nick in the bottom right corner of the rear element (see photos) - it is tiny and does not affect the image quality or performance of the lens at all: guaranteed.

At the moment - I am only entertaining local meetups in New York City (USA). If it does not sell at my low price, I might increase the price (to include paypal fees and shipping) for international shipping.

Message me if interested.

Thanks for reading!

La7200Photos.jpg
    1400 x 800 - 697K
  • 9 Replies sorted by
  • interested but international...

• Hi, if you do decide to open international shipping, I would most definitely be willing to buy :)

• Can you say me what Panasonic LA7200 Anamorphic Lens is, in a few words? I read so much about that, but i don't know much. Can you use this lens on its own, or do you need something else (like my leica, for exemple)? Thanks.

• @Renovatio It is an anamorphic ADAPTER with 1.33x squeeze factor. You put it IN FRONT of your regular lens (72mm diameter thread, you may need rings; it has a deep recessed thread so I had to have a custom ring made for mine). This adapter was designed to provide widescreen for the original DVX100 camera.

• IMO its only reasonable use with GH2 is to shoot 2K Scope with room for pan/scan/stabilization. You get pixels with a 1.33 PAR (like in HDV), but over a full HD raster, leading to 2554x1080 resampled square pixels. This is plenty to derive a 2048x858 Scope raster for a DCP. If all you'll ever want is HD just crop to Scope from a wider lens. There isn't that much "vintage" character in this lens to be worth the hassle, and the flares aren't much to look at.

If 2K projection is the target I would argue one should get a budget for a better setup, yet here I am - I will attach a pic of my rig when I get back to the studio.

• Sounds like we're doing the same thing @radikalfilm (compressor has been working for the last week to spit out my 2554x1080 files on a little feature). Only thing, I think the LA7200 has more weird character than you give it credit for. Whether it's the anamporphicness shining through or just the flaws...the thing doesn't look the same as cropped footage.

• As promised, if anyone cares, my rig with LA7200 in front:

radikal-rig1.jpg
    1067 x 1061 - 425K
    radikal-rig2.jpg
    683 x 1041 - 267K
    radikal-rig3.JPG
    2016 x 1134 - 808K
    radikal-rig4.JPG
    2016 x 1134 - 897K
    radikal-rig5.JPG
    2016 x 1134 - 777K
    radikal-rig6.JPG
    2016 x 1134 - 625K
  • Is it even avail still? The guy who posted this hasn't responded at all.

• Hey, sorry all - the lens is indeed sold. Thanks for the interest though!

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions