Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Varavon Armor Uni for Cage or Bracket GH2
  • The Varavon Armor Uni is up for sale as a CatchIt deal today at an unbeatable price and I'm really tempted to get it. Before I do I'd like to ask if any of you guys use it and what you think about it. It is the only cage(?)/bracket style thing I can think of that (at a reasonable price) gives clear access to the controls on the right side of the camera while still allowing the LCD screen to swing out on the left side. There is also a neat accessory camcorder style hand grip you can purchase at an additional cost.

I have a few questions:

When the GH2 is mounted to the baseplate can you still get your eye close enough to use the EVF? Does the cage allow the battery door to swing down far enough to change the battery without twisting or removing the camera?

At first I couldn't quite visualize how the GH2 fit into the cage until I saw a 360 degree view on Youtube so here are a few reviews I found to be helpful:

Here's a link to a list of videos that feature or review the Varavon Armor Uni on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=varavon+armor&page=1

armor.jpg
    646 x 584 - 37K
    armor1.jpg
    552 x 393 - 34K
    armor2.jpg
    622 x 606 - 64K
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • Vitaliy: I didn't see any topic started for the Uni so I started this one since I had a few questions about it.

• Yep, it is not very popular, hence we did not have topic.

• It looks like a good system to me but I don't think they are marketing it very well. It's pretty hard to visualize how it works with a still image so you need a good video to sell something like that. The official Varavon video doesn't even have an explanation of the features - just music playing in the background.

• Is it possible to use the GH2 Loupe with the armour?