Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Effects of using both Auto Quantizer and manual Quantizer value?
  • Just curious if using the auto quantizer and manually setting a quantizer value is supported and if so, which one takes precedence... I'm asking because auto AQ seems to utilize the full bitrate range more consistently but in some cases the manual AQ results in less macro-blocking.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Nope its either one or the other method.

Initial Quantiser and AutoQuant works together though... AQ is a great feature brought to the GH2 by @cbrandin and works very well but is not as effective if you require a more constant Quantisation throughout the whole picture - and is better at handling artefacts like you have found in your tests.

• @driftwood Auto Quantize 4 in Quantum v9b has "all to details" but, In Intravenus II Auto Quantize was set to "all to motion". does it change anything. i used almost all patches. the Sedna A, Quantum v9b, Mysteron burst all all super detailed patch. is it something technical to see in intravenus on details?? how intravenus scores in details when it comes to non moving objects?

• Try Cluster X Moon trial 3 (formerly known as VK) @rajamalik and do some grading.

• Thanks, tested it myself with the AQ turned on and a manual value set in the experimental i think 6 and nothing seemed to change on the bitrate or macro-blocking. I found that i had to drop the manual Q value down to about 6 to almost eliminate macro-blocking and banding on the I frames with a GOP 6 setup.