Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Short film "Lady in White" shot with GH2, FM 2.02 and Nokton 25mm f0.95
  • Here is the short film I shot earlier this month. This is my first rough cut, with a lot of work still need to sweeten the sound, clean up the image, and improve some of the transitions and edits.

I would welcome feedback from this community.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • @ahbleza Some of the more artistic shots were just phenomal. The only downside is there's a slight disparity between those shots and some of the more basic shots that immeditaley follow. Perhaps you could transition from the beautiful shots to the basic shots by adding a brief 2 second shot of that same area shown in the basic shot. So now you have beauty in the beautiful shot and you show subtly of transition to the basic shot. That subtly extends the feeling of beauty from original shot to the next more basic shot. But yeah, the best shots in this film are very impressive.

Perhaps cut out some of the dialogue. It seemed to be maybe a bit too much talking, but I could be wrong. Also, I would say the woman with black hair didnt seem like she had opened up emotionally enough for us to really believe she was ready to transition and take on this special new role in life. But if you added just one emotional moment for her, it could be just fine. Maybe a thoughtful glance downward as she responds to something said by the woman in white, followed by her looking up...as if ready to look at things differently.

Thanks for posting. Please post the final product.

• @matt_gh2 Thank you Matt, this is excellent and helpful feedback. Much appreciated! I agree it's too dialog heavy, and will likely cut it down to less than 15 minutes. From the beginning, I struggled to carry the story forwards visually, and knew that some of the dialog would have to go.