Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
More Micro Four Thirds members
  • Five new companies joined the Micro Four Thirds system:

• Blackmagic Design Ltd - pro raw cameras manufacturer
    • JK Imaging Ltd - owner of Kodak brand
    • Photron Ltd - high speed camera maker
    • SVS-VISTEK GmbH - industrial camera maker
    • View Plus Inc - http://www.viewplus.co.jp/english.html

Mostly it means that we'll see BMC with active m43 very soon.

• 12 Replies sorted by
  • JK Imaging Ltd - owner of Kodak brand

JK doesn't own Kodak brand, just the licence to use it

http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/Kodak_and_JK_Imaging_Announce_Brand_Licensing_Agreement_for_Consumer_Digital_Products.htm

• @rikyxxx

Yep, may be it is more correct. But most probably it'll be normal owner soon with Kodak going completely down.

• (BMC + active M43 = )

• Man an Active m43 BMC would be too tempting to resist. I think it would be a huge success, cuz all of a sudden that camera would have even more very good lenses.

Does an Active mount mean they could implement the OIS in the Lumix lenses?

• Does an Active mount mean they could implement the OIS in the Lumix lenses?

Yes, of course.

• Pretty exciting! Actually, I think it's interesting also that those other new members are entering the m43 fold with industrial gear... I guess they could use "consumer" lens', but it'd be much more interesting if they were to produce some exotic purpose built lens'... could be interesting since they should be compatible with any consumer body.

• @P13DM John Brawley said: "This is the signing off of a process that started a long time ago."

To me this indicates that it's not necessarily something related to an active mount particularly. I had my hopes up too, but on second thought it didn't seem realistic this announcement is for the purpose of the active mount.

• To me this indicates that it's not necessarily something related to an active mount particularly. I had my hopes up too, but on second thought it didn't seem realistic this announcement is for the purpose of the active mount.

They have no other reason to join, really. And words by John are used by almost all companies who did similar things. Right now they hope to protect orders with m43 passive mount, as they seem to be not sure how fast they could switch to active, and if people will got that active is coming massive cancels will follow.

• @P13DM

It is very interesting how Metabones stuff can help BMC, but it can also send it to the grave if people start to just wait for active m43 mount cancelling EF and pssive orders.

• Somewhere there is a Mba program getting ready to add a class in "preorder dynamics" to the curriculum.