Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Could Nano Proofing Tech be used to Water Proof Camera Gear?
  • This tech report from the BBC is interesting and apologies if its already been posted but if phones and tablets can be coated then does the mean that Cameras (or others) like a GH2/GH3 be baked to become water resistant? You probably would'nt go diving with it but the thought of have a weather proof camera, memory cards, Microphones protecting sensitive diaphragms & possibly lenses is an interesting use for this Water proofing Nano technology - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/9786346.stm

I remember a while back a number of reports from users dropping their kit Philip Bloom in Australia and accidentally dropped memory cards and 5D's in beaches - Could this new tech save the day?

I shoot in the UK and with the weather as it is I'd be interested in proofing my kit for those rainy days.

What are the potential health risks of this new tech always concerned that it could be absorbed by the user - thoughts?