Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
MJPEG Anamorphic
  • 1) Is there a "mother ship" thread for this? 2) Is there any patch/setting that would allow me to shoot with my LA7200 adaptor and get a final "stretched" 1920x1080 image (meaning, is there a 4:3 MJPEG setting that is 1080 high, or close to it)? 3) Any chance that you will forgive me for asking a noob question?

Thanks!

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • I'm sure VK will point you in the right direction as its been discussed before. Are you set on MJPEG? I find AVCHD far superior for anamorphic. Just mark off 4:3 on your screen and crop in post.

• Site search will point him is right direction is he just type title of his topic.

• There a few different patches for MJPEG, they are embedded the patches already out there, just not discussed a lot, such as @driftwood patches and @LPowell has a patch focused on MJPEG. I have driftwood's Low Rider v1 installed, and the MJPEG default, 10 lines down in the .ini file: 720p30 width=1920 720p30 height=1080 480p30 width=1280 480p30 height=720

You can edit the above, taking into consideration the 1.33 anamorphic, discussed below.

Topics: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussions/tagged/mjpeg/p1

Some of the driftwood patches are 2K, some are 1080p, all 30p, can't change. You can observe and edit the size in the patch .ini files or edited them via PTool and save out.

When you adjust the height, the recorded footage will adjust the aspect ratio, so if your LA7200 is 1.33x squeeze, you can adjust the aspect ratio of X and Y and the recorded file will playback without requiring a transform when editing. GH2 monitor will still be squeezed when monitoring recordings from camera, unless you have an external monitor and anamorphic settings you can select.

Someone else may best suggest the optimal GH2 settings for your 1.33x recording.

@duartix suggests 2048x864 for optimal MJPEG recording, however, that may be more relevant to 2x anamorphic lenses. Someone else may chime in here.

Interesting thread: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2111/gh2-mjpeg-resolution-findings-and-myth-busting/p1