Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Shrigg Jig Production Cage
  • Check out the GH2 cage I designed a few months ago. It's loaded with holes and slots to bolt your goodies on.
    Makes the cute little GH2 very tough looking! The cages are now being manufactured in the USA by indisystem

• 58 Replies sorted by
  • @shrigg,

Thanks for posting this - saw it on dvx as well. Would it be possible to post better pics, or what would be really great is a small introduction video? I know it's pretty straight forward but would love to get a better look on how everything gets rigged in there, ease of use, rigidity, etc....Appreciate the effort!

Cheers
  • Until I can get a video made I can explain:

This is all solid aluminum and very heavy duty. The top plate has the hot shoe anchor bolt, 2 1/4-20 threaded holes, 3 unthreaded holes (so you can attach accessories using a 1/4-20 bolt threaded in from underneath), and a slot which allows positioning a heavy accessory like a monitor for best balance. Also the angled corner blocks each have a threaded 1/4-20

Left and right sides have one each unthreaded and 1/4-20

Bottom has cutout to allow battery change while still in the cage:

Also available is a 3" DSLR riser with 12" carbon fiber rods:

• Oh yeah forgot to mention: It's only $99!
    Or $149 including the DSLR riser and carbon fiber rods.

There are two sizes available, small fits GH2/T2i and large fits 5D Mark II, 7D, Nikons and others

These are not on the indisystem site yet... So anyone that wants one should just call them at (319) 504-3985 and request a paypal invoice for a Shrigg Jig

• built with Indisystem spare parts? ;)
  • thanks shrigg!
  • How is it with the rods and riser? Package.
  • Can you use "normal" hdmi and 2,5 to 3,5 plugs ore do you have to use 90 degree ones?

Looks great btw!
  • Thanks, glad you like it! You can use normal HDMI cables... There is plenty of room.
  • @brianluce

It works good as a package, a sturdy and adjustable way to add a mattebox and follow focus
  • How much is the rods and rig package?

• @brianluce
    See the post just after all the pics
  • I ordered!
  • Where do you order ?
  • @Hazna

See the post just after all the pictures:

"These are not on the indisystem site yet... So anyone that wants one should just call them at (319) 504-3985 and request a paypal invoice for a Shrigg Jig"
  • http://tkysstd.com/wp/?p=2060
    something very similar, but the Japanese )
  • @Rerbreg
    I like that Japanese cage. Is it someones DIY or is it actually for sale?
  • I do not know, accidentally saw) need to ask the author of the posts...
  • I posted on that thread asking and it's a custom, sounds like they would sell for around 80,000 yen. Did the conversion, that's $1,000 US
  • Interesting: the maker of the Japanese GH2 cage came over here and saw the Shrigg cages, check his blog
  • I posted the link to this site on his blog. He was surprised that people were looking at his Japanese-language site.
  • @shrigg
    Looking at his rig and the ReWo shows how good your rig is and an unbeatable value!
  • @sfbay_jon

Thanks! I just designed the Shrigg cage to meet my production shooting needs, figured others might want one if it turned out the way I wanted. I've used it shooting for larger corporate clients and the little GH2 meets their approval wearing the cage. And my 65mbps 3 GOP footage was approved no problem, thanks again Vitaliy!! As far as the value, Tim Ovel of indisystem is the man to thank for the $99 price. All good stuff that I'm glad to be a part of!
  • Is the production anodizing hard-coat (Rc >60) or standard?
  • It's powder coated (not anodized)
  • About to order one, Looks great!