Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Flash with Burst for gh2?
  • Hi, I am wondering if anyone has much experience using flashes on the gh2. My ideal setup would be using an extreme wide angle/fisheye (tokina 11-16 or rokinon), and then have a flash that can keep up with the burst mode on the gh2 (gh3 might be in my future, might not). I don't care about ttl, I am fine with shooting manually. I want to shoot freestyle skiing at night, and I want to be able to get up close and take a burst as a rider comes through. I saw that the yongnuo 560 ex II has burst mode at low power, but I wasn't sure if this would work with the gh2 or not. Also, will the duration be short enough to freeze the action, or can I use the flash above 1/160. I would like to keep this under $300, flexible if it was something like 2 yongnuos and triggers, but I am also fine with just using it on camera. Hopefully someone can make sense of this and help me out

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • anybody have any experience with this?