Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Question about Quantum X ‘SpanMyBitchUp v2b’ For v1.1
  • Hi, I would like to learn all about this neat hack, which I just installed for 1st time on my GH2 (yeah). I am primarily interested in shooting 24P movies. I noticed that I no longer am able to press the Q/Menu button in order to change aperture during a movie recording. Can anyone confirm that this function is disabled as a result of installing SpanMyBitchUp?

Many, many thanks for any replies.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Use existing topic for this settings, please.

• Hi Vitaliy, thanks for all your genius work!

I would love to get my question about Q Menu seen-- but which existing topic do I post it to? Driftwood Series 5 or Driftwood Series 6? or ????.

• Beginners' topic. Read FAQ. Menu, setup, reset.

• Thanks for your reply-- I just found the FAQ, but I do not understand "Menu, setup, reset". I'm sure it is as simple as it sounds, but I just don't get it.

I would like to know in which Topic I am supposed to post questions for SpanMyBitch v2b.

My first footage shot at highest ISO was remarkable, but showed a visible static dark horizontal line 1/3 from the bottom. I am looking to find out with a search or with help if this has been noticed before.

• SpanMyBitchUp is one of Driftwood's old settings (and not a good one. You'll be much better off with something else). I don't know that he has a topic for it anymore, so you can just use one of his current topics.

But in any case your quick menu problem has nothing to do with the hack settings. It's just a glitch. Fix it by resetting your camera. Press the button that says Menu on your camera. Use the arrow buttons to navigate to the Setup menu. Enter the setup menu and find Reset. Reset it.

Search for this in Google:

site:personal-view.com horizontal band

• Thanks balazar, for the explanation and the search tip. As a beginner, I am all ears for suggestions. I feel I just want a reliable setting for general use in 24P (not necessarily a low-light setting) to get me started. Right now my fastest card is Sandisk 32GB @ 45/mb sec. But I am ready to upgrade to the Extreme Pro @ 95/Mb sec. if required for a preferred setting.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions