Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lumix GF2 glitch
  • Hi all!

Recently i've purchased a Lumix GF2, unfortunately it seems to have a serious glitch with CCD (Live MOS) or Compression engine.

If you see the attached image you would notice a RAW+JPG photo. JPG shows the problem with compression engine, although RAW file shows no problem at ALL! I would not care at all if the problem didn't go to VIDEO mode... but that's not the case, as it shows the same glitch.

I've found some information regarding "similar" problem on CANON A70

http://www.imsolidstate.com/archives/915

As canon a70, the problem also shows on LCD screen, not as bad by any measure, but somehow also percievable. I have searched some info regarding the hardware and i've found some steps on this link

http://www.lifepixel.com/tutorials/infrared-diy-tutorials/panasonic-lumix-gf1-ir

CCD seems to go through 4 ribbons (2 upperside, 2 downside) which all of them seem to be ok. So I'm stuck!

My last hope would be some debugging advice from this board!

Any lead would be really appreciated!

JPG GLITCH.jpg
    2000 x 750 - 1M
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • It is not CCD, first.

Second, go to service center.

• Thank you very much vitality! The problem is that is second hand.

I.ve also thought that the problem doesn't seem to be the cmos as it captures raw files fine. Do you think is the Venus engine? It.s quite odd, as everything is fine under daylight light. The problem only appears on dark shadows or low light conditions.

I.ve tried original firmware, driftwood 50MB and everything goes fine except from the glitch on low light... would seem like the ribbon on canon problems?

What.s your bet? Thank you very much for your consideration!

• I already offered to go to service center. As no one can diagnose this hardware glitch. Can be anything.