Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Which G series camera allow manual modes hacked or not?
  • Maybe this is a better place for this question. I am in need of a B camera fast due to a longer than expected repair on my GH2, Ideally I want a g series camera capable of full manual control with manual lenses. I saw one little tinge of a suggestion that GF1 has this in another thread, but it was not quite clear, I am pretty sure at this point the Gf2 and 3 do not have this.. GH1 is at the top of my budget which is about $200. I prefer to spend about half of this. I am going to Kyoto in less than a week, and have been looking forward to filming there since last year when I went with my wife's little canon, which was decent, but no where near GH2 level or G anything level for that matter.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • Though I am still curious about this, I may have the luxury of time now, as after a day of back and forth with Panasonic I have been promised my cameras return the day before I leave for Kyoto. Not 100% at ease just yet, but Japans mail carriers really tend to deliver when they say they are going to deliver, not just the day but within a 3 hour window (sometimes within a 15 minute window). Panasonic said Morning before noon, so it is a good sign. Originally they had told me it would be ready about 4 days after I left for vacation, so I have to give credit to Panasonic Japan's customer service for going the extra mile for me. The woman I spoke to literally ran to the phone the last time I called, and it was clear as she was out of breath. Never heard that with any other customer service in my life.