Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Processing TimeBuster on Mac OSX
  • Hi guys,

new happy owner of GH2 here. First of all, thanks for all of this, I bought the camera, and one of the main reason was I can hack it (I was thinking to buy Olympus OMD5). Anyway, I like to do some Time Lapses, so I found TimeBuster setting, currently using "24h Timebuster FlowMotion 2.02".

I tried to process the output, I load timelapse into Final Cut Pro, but it looks like file is broken - I understand why it looks like that.

Also, I am aware of the program GH13 Timelapser, which should do the job on Windows. There might be also possibility to process the output using Avisynth and some scripting.

But what about some OSX program ? Or I have to install VMWare/Parallers to process it ?

Thanks.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • I would love an answer to this as well. Preferably an ffmpeg based script ??? So its cross platform..

• I use After Effects and it works fine. I'm not aware of a freeware solution.

• Got AE as well. Would just be really nice to have a script based workflow as I have a few of these to work with..

• AFAIK you just need to speed up by the right factor (disable all frame blending/pixel motion). This will only leave the high quality i-frames and trow away all the garbage.

If you don't need long timelapses I would tune the MJPEG mode to 2 FPS. Much easier in post.

• yeah ffmpeg would be good, I did some work with this before - easy to manipulate using php/perl using its API. For now I am going to use MJPEG 300%. By the way, what is difference between two of them in terms of recording time ?