Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Putting a patch on an SD card that is inside the GH2
  • Hi - apologies if this topic has already been covered but I'm curious as to whether this would cause any problems? I'm talking about leaving the SD card inside the GH2 and using the USB cable that comes with the GH2 to connect to a computer. I'm concerned because, everywhere I have read, the instructions clearly state to ensure the GH2 is turned off when the card is inserted - however the GH2 has to be on in order for a computer to read the card.

Thanks

EDIT -Upon reading through the GH2 manual again, I came across a key sentence that I must have missed before. While connecting the card/camera to a computer via this USB lead, the SD card will be set to READ ONLY permissions.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Why not just try? Pretty sure I've done it dozens of times before I had a card reader.

• another thing to note is sometimes the patch gets corrupted when transfering via usb and does not get recognised by the camera durring update. i remember this being more common on the gh1, not sure the gh2 though.