Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Issues with external monitors & hacked GH2?
  • Recently bought two SmallHD monitors for use with my two GH2s. Having issues with when I first tested them I was using the Flowmotion v2 hack, and both monitors were responsive, then switched to Apocalypse Intravenus - one monitor worked, the other was unable to sync. The next day, neither monitor would sync with either camera. Today I switched to Apocalypse Boom - both monitors sync but notice every now and again the monitors flicker.

I doubt it's the HDMI cables as they're new, and I don't believe it's any particular monitor or camera that's causing the problem. So I can only assume it's the hack, maybe the high bit rate is too much for the monitor to handle? I'm using SmallHD DP4's.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • The monitor doesn't do the processing and decoding of the video bitstream, so it wouldn't be that.

• Hellò, I have a similar issue with a gh2, Flowmotion patch, external monitor Cineroid. If I have ext monitor connected and "on", by menù of gh2 it's impossible to select film mode 720 50p, if I switch off the external monitor I can select 720 50p, but when I switch "on" the external cineroid monitor, the video parameters are 1080 25p... I have tryed selecting by gh2 menu' external hdmi output to all value (auto, 720 ...) Please anyone have idea how to resolve it? If anyone knows an alternate patch I can change without problem. Sorry for my bad english... fabio

• I have had problems in the past with a Manhattan HD monitor. I couldn't get it to play back through the monitor, even though it would play in the camera. Have you tried the stock firmware to see if it's really the hack?

• Thanks for reply Yeehaanow, You suggest me to upload original firmware to try ? Ehm, I have a little problem, until the first day I bought Gh2, I have uploaded hack firmware, and... I don't know where it'a available the original firmware...