Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
20mm F2.8 Canon FD
  • Just got that lens via mail. When i held it in my hands and was slightly shaking it, i heard some sounds as if something on the inside was loose. A sound i dont know from my other fds. When i tested the lens though, it was working fine. Focusing, Aperture etc all worked well.

Any ideas? Its a different built than the other FDs so maybe its natural?

Edit: I just noticed, my 85mm and 200mm make the same sounds, while the 35mm and 50mm dont. Hmm so all seems to be okay?!

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • It is normal with these lenses, my 20 and 50mm are also making that sound. It comes from the small ball bearings which support aperture levers

• Cheers katig! I was just wondering, at first it seemed weird. Did some test shooting, its a really nice lens. I guess it could be one of my new standard lenses as it almost equals 35mms on fullframe, i guess thats just about right for most stuff...