Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Music video at night in Paris, GH2 to the limit ?...
  • Take a look at my last work to date. Lot of work on this one ! I shot 720p50 with shutter 1/100 with voigtlander 25mm and olympus 12mm.

Thanks for watching.

• 18 Replies sorted by
  • like..........

• One of the best things i saw with gh2 (I'm not too much into trees that goes out of focus and reveals, behind them, leaf and flowers :-). This is serious stuff, congrats man, hope to push the gh2 at night like you did on this one. Bravo!

• Thanks a lot Jean71 !!! That's exactly what I wanted to do with this one. A serious project that would normally take a Red to do. It was a real challenge !

• I went there and shot some stills with my Leica, i remember the light outside the moulin rouge, you really show the atmosphere in your video. Also the 720p is amazing, i would like to ask you: 720p50 and 1/100 shutter speed, which patch did you use, and why this choices? Thanks :)

• (Sorry posted 2 similar, and ipad don't let me remove one)

image.jpg
    2302 x 1536 - 520K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1360 - 1M
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1360 - 515K
  • that was freaking amazing...good stuff, i would also love to know what patch was used

• Thank you ! I use the Vanilla Patch from EOSHD... I know it's an old one but it's safe ! I transferred the rushes in FCP7 in ProResHQ to have the best quality for grading.

• Nice pictures Jean71 ! OMG ! Leica ! I shot with shutter 1/100 to keep the cinematic blur & movement when converting later in 25p for PAL region.

• nice work :) like the visuals, except for the hospitals truck ^^ but otherwise- nice production value! some shots still look handheld- those could have used a shoulder rig - or did you use one? can not tell for sure :)

PS: i hate autotuned voices now.^^

• No rig it was all handheld & I don't like autotune either !... In fact, not my kind of music ! :)

• i'm impressed that it was handheld, I have trouble with how heavy the voight is on the gh2.

• @PhilMySelf I'm really never a fan of that sort of auto-tuning but I'm surprised by how well a lot of the handheld footage turned out. Did you stabilize in post or do you just have a very steady hand?

Also, what approach did you use when you went from 50P to 25P? Frame blending? Skipped frames?

• I guess I have a steady hand ! I don't think the Voigtlander is that heavy... Keep in mind that the editing is very fast. So you don't really have time to notice all the shaking as you would if the shot was longer. If the editing & the song was slower I would have use a slider & a tripod of course. I'm not sure to understand your question about 50p to 25p ?... Sorry, strange as it may seems, I'm not so "technical" as some people here. :) Would you mind to tell me more ?

• Lovely stuff. I'm amazed at how little noise you got in the darkness. What ISO did you shoot at? Was this shot by available light? Did you do any noise-reduction in post?

• Very nice video. Shows, you can do professional work with a gh2!

• Thank you ! I try to never go beyond 800 iso. I had a led light panel 1000 & 512 for the inside. Little led light were also use in the car. In the streets, it's just the neon light available. But there's so much light in this street, that you don't need other source with a great lens like the Voigtlander.