Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Stuck with 50fps on GH2
  • Hi guys,

i am using drifwoods drewnet patch and no matter if i change to PAL or NTSC it always records 720p @ 50FPS, i have repatched and patched, and still its stuck on 50FPS (NTSC version framerate?) My camera was originaly bought in NTSC country, Macau, any ideas what i should do?

Thanks guys

• 15 Replies sorted by
  • yes, when you set it to pal or ntsc.
    next step is switch your gh2 of.
    and on again, and then format your sdcard in the gh2

• i have tried that, and still no luck. Looks like i am really stuck on NTSC. Probably going to flash the original firmware and do it all over again.

any ideas?

• Create a stock patch with default values, but high version #

• @sage how do i do that?

• Create a stock patch with default values, but high version #

Nope.

Just load original firmware in PTool, do not touch anything and save it to other file and flash.

• VK is saying the high version # is not needed. A default patch will fix this (but not the official panny firmware itself)

• done it, but still the same problem. @vitaliy_Kiselev any other options?

• now i am formating my ccards with SDformatter v3.1 . Loosing my mind over this

• @MovieArmada

My comment was only about going back to original firmware, period.

It was not related with your mysterious "stuck".

• 50FPS (NTSC version framerate?)

Maybe it's a typo but there is a confusion here : 50p is PAL. For 60p you have to choose NTSC...

• Ok, now do what VK described, but set version increment to 1 before saving the firmware

• @Sage

IN BIG LETTERS. PTool SETS PROPER INCREMENT BY ITSELF. PERIOD.

• FIXED, works perfect now. Just repatched the original version and patched again with Drewnet and it works PERFECT. Thank you so much.

• @VK

This bit: PTool SETS PROPER INCREMENT BY ITSELF.

Needs to have been included after this bit: Just load original firmware in PTool, do not touch anything and save it to other file and flash. *Ptool sets proper increment by itself.

• If I remember correctly you can just RENAME the original GH2__V11.bin to GH2__V12.bin and flash the camera.