Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 with a $40,000 Optimo 17-80 zoom mini test
  • Don't worry I had no time today to make this, but wanted to anyway. The lens had to travel to a shoot so I only had 30 minutes with it today more tests to come with any and every lens imaginable.

Adam

• 13 Replies sorted by
  • Let me know what you want tested and I will arrange it I have just about everything under the sun at the shop I work at.

• Looked really lush, especially the narrow DOF shots, but... hexagonal bokeh?

• Yup. Blade count's small

Not a fa of the 17-80

I'm a Rouge fan, though. GH2 and 16-42 is a great combo, used it many times.

Also've tested damned near every set of modern(ish) PL Glass on the camera and it's between the DP Rouge and Zeiss Ultra Primes. Either combo is extremely sick.

• Would you like to see some cooke s4's and zeiss master primes? I need to really have an afternoon with them to put something together worth watching. Maybe later this week or possibly tomorrow I will be at our big location that has everything.

• @amphish that would be awesome.. nice first test by the way, you run a rental house right? where are you guy's located?

• This is still a work in progress but you can see how large our new space is in fairfax, va This is what I originally was using that moby track for, but there are a lot more shots and voiceover going to this and some of these shots aren't making the cut

• Wow. I live in Fairfax, too.

• uh oh. I sense a DC get together. I live in the DC area as well. Will try to visit the rental house so you can make money off me :D I know another person in this forum who also lives in northern VA as well.

• hahahah nice you can also stop by and check out what we have and not rent anything : ) and just be tempted by all the amazing stuff we have here.

• Im from Richmond but shoot alot in northern va

• Why is the first embedded video locked?

• @amphish: I love your stuff. Looks like one could shoot some really nice movies with that equipment. :)