Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 video setting on manual mode -strange behaviour
  • I have one question. I have everything set on manual. Focus, exposure, shutter. I also have I.resolution and I.dynamic is OFF.

But when shooting I get an effect like I had auto exposure settings. Picture is not the same all the time, it changes aperture value just a little bit. It is quite annoying. Can I set this off somewhere?

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Do you have ISO set to auto by any chance?

• No, it is on 160.

• Since I am not sure which settings you did and did not try, I would suggest this.

• Push the center menu button.
    • On the left side, you will see a list of icons.
    • Pick the icon one step down from the top.
    • Go to the right and down and you will see that the mode is set to P, A, S or M.
    • Make sure that this is set to M.
  • @miza Did the post above clear your problem? I am also having issues with the GH2 and I have read others have as well:

• GH2 needs fixed shutter speed (50/ 100). If it is set on Shutter priority, the aperture goes up and down in steps and also making noise sound. The steps are not fluent. I have read people thought the camera was damaged, but many of us have this issue.
    • So you need to fix the Aperture (What I would prefer as well) This is only possible in (movie) manual priority mode. But in the manual mode you also have to set the ISO manual. (I don't see an auto iso option in this mode).
    • Also sometimes when you set white balance, and then press record, it changes color.
  • The only thing that I know about is that sometimes focus starts hunting on its own if camera is set to autofocus with some lumix lenses, e.g 20mm 1.7, that is a known issue:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/1748/gh2-focussing-auto-focus-manual-focus-tips/p1

Does that exposure change happens in creative movie mode?