Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
23mm F1.7 SLR Magic lens

Will be available in mft mount and E mount (plus Fuji mount for few fans)

• Filter thread - 49mm
    • Maximum aperture - F1.7
    • Minimum aperture - F22
    • Optical Design - 9 elements, 8 groups (4 x Tantalum)
    • Lens Length - 61.3 mm
    • Lens Weight - 265g
    • Price: $399
    • Available - February 2013
    35mm2.jpg
    547 x 542 - 44K
  • 11 Replies sorted by
  • Mmmm Can we get a 14mm and 17mm hyper prime in m43 next?

• We'll ask them at Photokina.

• Don't forget 19 mm, which would be equivalent of ~38 mm on FF. A fast and mild but not exaggerated wide-angle could be used in most situations. 17 mm is pushing it to wide angle perspectives.

• Cool. But the pricing and IQ will be key. The 25mm f/0.95 Nokton is already highly desirable so I wonder what they will bring to the table in this one to lure people away. :)

• I guess the key issue here is; how well do these go together with previous SLR magic lenses?

• Mmmm. Tasty. Is the SLR Magic quality any good?

• I believe they were also working on a 25mm f/0.95.

• Looks like they will show 4 new designs, 2 of them cine lenses; 25mm T0.95, 35mm T0.95, 35mm T1.4, and 23mm F1.7 Hope the optical and build quality will be good, time for them to grow up and ditch the "toy lens" line. Would make for a nice set having a 12mm, 25mm, 35mm and the 50mm if they could make a matched set...

• I could easily go for the 23mm f1.7. That would compliment the 12mm nicely.

• They need 17mm IMO

• Should have put gears on it as standard