Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cant install the Driftwood patch! Please help
  • I cant install the Driftwood hack! I was able to install the unified patch a while ago with no problem. I have literally tried 100 time and each time after i choose my patches and rename and copy to my formatted memory card my camera after i press the play button will not read it. I read in a previous thread that we are not suppose to unzip the which files? Please i need help

• 13 Replies sorted by
  • @rpadilla This seems like it should go in the beginner thread but here are places to start looking.

1) Are you using the most recent firmware version (1.1)?

2) Are you using either PTool 3.65D or 3.66D?

3) Did you try repeating the process after you re-formatted the card?

4) Is the file showing up with the ".bin" extension on your card?

5) When you used PTool, was the "increment version" (loose wording) box near the top checked?

If all of these answers are yes, then I have no idea. Normally at least one of those would be the culprit.

• you have to use a card with at least one picture shot on it. example:

format, shoot picture, put card in pc, copy firmware (right naming!!) put back in, switch cam off, switch back on, press play, here you go.

did you?

• @fatpig Actually that is not accurate.

Out of the last 100+ times I have flashed the firmware, the majority of times I have done so with no video or image files on there of any kind.

Most of the time, I do a clean format and only drop the .BIN file into the root folder of the camera.

That is the simplest way to avoid "file related" complications.

I have had issues in the past with it not being able to update from the .BIN file if there were too many "extra" files in the root folder o if there were certain kinds of extra folders. I normally avoid making extra folders and think I only had that issue (occasionally) with the extra folders added by OSX but not Windows (.trashes, etc.).

Anyway, I am not saying that I was able to track down exactly which files or folders were the ones that caused the problems. But I can tell you that if the only thing on that card is the .BIN file when you flash the firmware, you should be in good shape.

• Try to set version increment = 2 ?¿?

• @rpadilla562 I'm not sure this is the right place for this either, but you are taking the .ini file and then loading it into pTools and saving your patch from there, are you? Apologies if you know your way around the patches, but I couldn't be sure that you weren't just putting the .ini file on the sd card! That won't work...

• Out of the last 100+ times I have flashed the firmware, the majority of times I have done so with no video or image files on there of any kind.

+1

• after i choose my patches and RENAME and copy to my formatted memory card

@rpadilla562 How do you rename, which file and where?

• That's what I'm wondering...

• I have had it not work at times without a pic on the card :) i was just telling all the steps to ensure it works. :) naming is like the original file, but change the 1 at the end to a 2, for example.

• Just spent three hours no luck with GH2 hack... Nothing worse than watching everyone on youtube to it with ease, then rinse and repeat with no luck what so ever. No valid image Bummer! Created folder with ptools.exe lastest 1.1 and .ini for flowmotion. Open everything up in Wineb. Then save to GH2__V12.bin upload to San Extreme Pro 64 Put in camera No Valid Image Every time!!! Tried changing increment to 2 no luck

• Try a smaller card.

• Yes, @cybersifu try what balazer wrote. I don't know whether that is cause of your problem, but I remember first Zoom H4 recorder:

normally it used SDHC cards but it couldn't make FW update with that card- one needed normal SD card.

• @cybersifu Just to double-check a couple things.

1) Did you try formatting the card in the camera right before copying the file?

2) Did you put the card in before turning on the camera, turn on the camera and then push the play button before you touched any other button on the camera?

3) When you say "ptools.exe lastest 1.1" do you mean "PTool 3.66d beta" with "Firmware 1.1"?