Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Film festival help...
  • Hi guys, our first Australian short film (shot of the GH2) just got excepted into Napa Valley Film festival and they have sent us some requirements for showing our film. I've attached the form bellow. Being film festival noobs, I'm a little lost as to what they mean...First off they want this,

"Please provide print source information for our technical team’s use and for the print source reference list in the festival program book."

What does "print source information" mean? Does that mean 35mm Film print info?

And...

"Short films are requested as Pro Res 422 files on physical media (no EFTs, please), also with a Blu-ray or DVD back up. Further details about technical specifications will be sent in September."

What does "physical media" and EFT's mean? I know how to export to Pro Res 422 but does that mean we need it on digitape?.

Thank guys in advance for any help! Excuse my noobness :)

Cheers Aaron

NVFF12 Screening Agreement.docx
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • EFT in that context means "Electronic File Transfer". So in other words, it has to be sent physically, not e-mailed or uploaded/downloaded. "Physical media" means something tangible in terms of the storage, like a hard drive or SSD or flash drive. Tape would be another form of physical media, but they are not specifying that you submit it that way. Just that you give them something they can have in their hands.

They also asked for the Blu-Ray or DVD in case there are problems with the first one. You can of course contact them for clarification on these points and others.

Best of luck and hope you enjoy your time in our state of California. :)