Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
"One Shot" short film
  • A little short I shot to get a feel for the GH2 and shoulder rig I've recently put together. It's a single shot, so technically it's not the best exposure throughout as we're moving from inside a van, to outside, to a building, but then again I like the blown out look :)

There is a tiny edit in it to take out a few seconds where I pointed the camera the wrong way (!!), but it's masked reasonably well. The one bit we didn't rehearse as it happened. Lesson learnt.

Technical stuff - CM Night hack, 24fps, Tokina 11-16mm set to 11mm, f2.8, Tiffen ProMist 1 4x4. Only light we used was a tiny LED panel mounted on the rear doors inside the van. Sound via a Zoom H4n (which I don't like) and dialogue recorded afterwards. Shot at ISO 640 which resulted in a lot of noise, which in turn resulted in me "discovering" the ISO bug - another lesson learnt for next time. Cleaned up and added grain :) Graded quite a bit, especially indoors, lifting the mids quite high.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Check this movie it is amazing

• Fun! Love the Tokina 11-16.

• @ChainsawFilms Great ending. Liked the final shot.

• Thanks for the comments guys.

I've not seen Russian Ark as it happens, but will watch it when I have the time. Thanks :)