Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Our first commercial shot on a hacked GH2.
  • No color correction, temp soundtrack, etc.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Looks great, good job. Just tweak the color, give the sound some tender lovin', and it'll be top notch.

• Well, this is a good start. If you want to evolve, there are some suggestions from me: next time, use some more lighting to get things like those shelves in the third shot lit up properly. Overall it seems quite dark- more film-like than that what typically a company would want for good representation and image. Lets see what you can do in CC. :)

also, are you planning on tracking that text on the wall "IT CONSULTING"? If not, i would advise you to. Next time you might want to put some markers up on the wall, as they will be covered by your text, but give you a much easier time tracking :)

keep up the good work!

• On a calibrated production monitor (allowing for Vimeo degradation) -- I think it looked great. Good job!

Obviously, the voice over is being eaten by the music track -- but you noted the audio is temporary.

So, yeah, looks great! Nice slide transition.

• Thanks for the feedback. I started shooting on a Canon FD 20mm 2.8 ssc, switched to Sigma EF 20mm 1.8, in mid production because I wasn't happy with the softness of the image. I swear those FD lenses are spooky how hey look great in tests then turn on me.... I was going for a more elegant Fincher type filmic look. It was a rushed production and all shot in 8 hours. the lighting turned out very well in some shots and not so great in others. Gotta love a crew that is afraid of shadows and hotspots. Amazing that the best shots have shadows and hotspots :) but that is another story...I think the server rack shot is my favorite.

The lettering is not finalized and suppose to be floating type balloon text in the scene but we realized in post we did not have enough tracking points. (live and learn). My idea for fix is put the lettering in the scene like on the table and etc. Make it more obtrusive rather than hanging on a wall or etc.

• Yeah, I should have said the titles are not final either. Especially the first one.