Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
First Broadcast Gig - Need Help
  • Hey all,

Just today I got offered my first ever broadcast gig which consists of a 28 minute infomercial. It's pretty involved with graphics, multiple locations, lots of b-roll, cut in segments, etc. Never done a broadcast gig before, so what tips would you guys give as far as everything. Would you guys shoot in 24p and use a process to get it to 29.97 or shoot straight up 60i or 30p? Feeling kinda like a noob with this stuff, done plenty of fairly big gigs, just never anything to be distributed on TV. Let me know if you guys have any tips or tricks.

• 2 Replies sorted by
    1. I would shoot at the native frame rate it's being broadcast at.

2. I would go to a post house for finishing both vision and audio. There'll be professionals there who are both creative, and trained to deal with broadcast delivery requirements.

my 02

• Yep, I'm with @mrbill on this one.

Sounds very involved for a 1st gig. I take it you've got DP responsibilities. I'd also get lots of advice about the in-house conventions by looking at previous jobs' rushes and how they were logged, shot-listed and delivered to post with instructions.

Make the most of this break you're getting! :-)