Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
How much should I expect to pay for a used Panasonic GH2H?
  • Hi again everyone.

I'm looking at the current UK asking price for a new Panasonic GH2H, and wondering whether or not it would be a good idea to go for a used camera...

As things stand, I have seen that the general asking price for a new GH2H is currently around £800 - £900 online.

One thing to note here is that I'm just looking at prices to get a rough idea of total cost at the moment, not actually in the market for this equipment until I get the funds together (being a student it can be a difficult task!)

I realise that on top of this I will need to invest in a quality Rig & lighting/audio equipment. The audio equipment isn't really an issue so much as I know what to look for, but as far as finding a quality used GH2H with a rig and lighting equipment, I have no idea what to look out for or where to look on the internet.

I wondered whether any of you here know of some good places to find a second hand GH2H and if you think it can be a good idea to go for a second hand video camera in the first place? Also whether the camera can be bought in conjunction with the necessary rig and lighting gear for a combination of more controlled fictional short film production projects as well as documentary style work too...?

Thanks for any guidance on this matter - I have seen that there are some amazing deals available for lighting and rigs through this very website. I just wonder if there is the option to buy everything al at once, second hand?

Thanks for your time.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Well i got a new gh2 last month(for backup) i paid 650 euro for it at a local foto store in germany.

you can get one for 600 pound on amazon.co.uk > http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-DMC-GH2KEB-K-Digital-Camera-14-42mm/dp/B00452TG90/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345138450&sr=8-1 I have a gh2keb as well and every hack works, i must say the quality is stunning (i came from a 5d mark II).

Buy a led Video Light i have this one its great > http://www.amazon.co.uk/walimex-Pro-Bi-Color-Video-Light/dp/B004JIJN02/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1345138641&sr=1-5

Be sure to plan in 300 bucks(If you are on a budget) for a h4n(portable recorder) or if you have the money a roland r26 for about 400-450 bucks they should be enough for good sound (the roland is a tad better).

Hope i could help.

• This website is superb.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will look at those links now.

Gini Rigs seem great. I also like the look of the Tilta ones on sale here...

I already have a Zoom H4 but I am planning in advance to buy some top notch Sound Devices kit like a 788t :) of course, it costs a lot more, but I will probably spend more on audio than on video equipment, as my interests in film are much more audio-centric.

I've been browsing the lighting posts on this forum, and have come across some "As Arri" knock off lights that are apparently pretty good and won't break the bank if I choose the right ones.

But I'm going to look at all your suggestions and just wanted to get as much advice as possible before I go to spend any money... Thanks again you definitely helped.