Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Can hacking overload the sensor because of the high bitrate.
  • I am about to hack my gh2 with GH2 100Mbps Flow Motion Patch v1.0 with 50Mbps File-Spanning. I am poor and it took me a while to get a expensive camera like this, as I am also a po college student, and stuggle just to eat. Will these hacks overload the sensor and kill the camera faster then the recommend 24mbps ? I just dont want to break such an expensive thing or make it die an early death

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • No, they will not. I have had my GH2 (hacked) for a year now. Just be sure to follow the instructions to the letter. Full battery? Check! That is probably the most important.

• I've upgrade Flow Motion to v2.02 here:

http://www.personal-view.com./talks/discussion/3337/gh2-flow-motion-v2-100mbps-fast-action-performance-reliability-for-all-class-10-sd-cards/p1

This version supersedes all previous versions of Flow Motion and has been tested to work reliably with all Class 10 SD cards.

• You are much more likely to mess it up installing it than using it. I have never seen a credible story of it causing the camera to fail while in use. I have seen several stories of people not following the directions and messing things up.

The most important thing is DON'T TOUCH THE CAMERA WHILE IT IS UPDATING. That can render your camera inoperable.

• Also for the firmware update process, don't just use any fully charged battery, make sure it's a fully charged Panasonic OEM battery.

I think there's a thread or two somewhere where some person(s) bricked their camera using fully charged but cheap aftermarket batteries.

• @edubz I've read accounts about Panny service people saying this.

I don't believe it because

1.Panasonic consumer division never honors warranties, so why would they have service people.

2.Driftwood has run enough high bit electrons through his cameras to light a fair sized city, with no damage.

3.No one else has ever reported a problem that I've seen

• Technically, the sensor runs the same amount of data regardless of the patch, it runs the uncompressed raw data. It's the CPU, that takes that uncompressed data and compresses it, that works a little more, and also the card, that has to take all the extra data per frame. I suppose the card is where the most of the added stress is, but the sensor itself should have zero additional stress.