Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Spec Commercials with good 'ole Quantum-X Orion. Mostly 60fps stuff...
  • It's pretty ridiculous. Shot with Quantum-X Orion. It's my favorite for 60fps stuff. It seriously looks like 1080p material from something like an EX3 when up-ressed...

Oh here's another one too... shot all at night. 60fps Orion still looks great in low-light!

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • The videos look super sharp, what were you settings in camera? And did you add any sharping in post?

• Nope. All just 720p 60fps up-scaled in FCP. Mostly shot with the Sigma 30mm 1.4 wide open. Daytime shots used the Fader MKII variable ND filter. It's a great vari-ND. Highly recommended.

The 720p 60fps from the GH2 looks like 1080p from most other cameras... :)

• Haha that was hilarious! Awesome video!

• Wow, that looks fantastic! Looked like a fun production too. I wonder how flomo or AN would hold up to up-ressing..

• @bwhitz love the setup/payoff in the first commercial - both were awesome, funny, and well produced!

• Wow, you almost forgot how good those early settings where.
    Specially when a video is so damn good.............

• Thanks for comments guys!

"love the setup/payoff in the first commercial"

Oh nice... I'm glad because my only self-criticism is that in the first one, I thought the punch line should have come in a bit sooner. I still think to be more "viral" though (what the writer wanted), people need to realize it's a joke around the 10 second mark. The second one I like allot better with the 1-min cut I did.. it just plays a bit snappier.