Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Best hack or settings for all around use?
  • Hi everyone. I've had a GH1 and just got a GH2. I have some questions as far as all of these settings go.

I'm really liking what I've seen from people using the Orion v4b patch. I think that a lot of it looks like big screen / feature film quality with is amazing!

Does anyone know if this patch retains all normal camera functionality.. e.g. playback in all modes, spanning, ect...? If not, does anyone know what is the highest quality patch that does? What patch would also give you the best quality at reasonable bit rates, would it be Sanity 5?

Basically, I would like to know what patch is going to retain all normal camera features while enhancing them as much as possible. If the Orion patch does this, that's perfect. What is the difference between the Orion v4b and v4d patches?

I'm currently running a SanDisk 16gb 95 MB/s card which I just purchased with the GH2. I have the 14-140 and 20mm lenses. I will mainly be doing music videos, with some possible low light shots for nightclubs.

Also, when hacking my GH1 I would just make sure "prevent version compare" was checked when loading a new patch, and I wouldn't rename the firmware filename, I would just save it as the original firmware filename. When loading a new patch / firmware in the GH2 do we still need to rename the file each time as a higher number for it to take effect, or can we just overwrite the original?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 1 Reply sorted by
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions