Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GF2 hack plans?
  • With all attention on GH2 setting development - and an amazing achievement it is - I'm curious whether the latest PTool will enable a hack with the GF2? Or is an earlier version of Ptool appropriate?

Many thanks to all for this amazing resource and to Vitaly for his dedication and generosity.
  • 16 Replies sorted by
  • No. And I have absolutely no plans.
  • Got it and many thanks for all you do Vitaliy...
  • Expect the GF2 hack,thanks Vitaliy
  • @vitaliy_kiselev

I see that occasionlly people continue to ask for this... :-)
    Any plan?
    Any chance that all the work done on GH2 could be used for the GF2?

Thank you in advance
  • I don't own the GF2, mainly because it hasn't be hacked. I think I can live without the mode dial, and it has the ETC very useful feature. It's very cheap now (with 14mm, which seems to be a nice small lens), so I agree it would be a nice addition to the hack family. But maybe the TS3 could be a better complement to GF1/GH2 combo...
  • >Any chance that all the work done on GH2 could be used for the GF2?

I think we must wait, may be Panasonic will release update to GF2 firmware :-)
  • Thanks Vitaliy,

I'm asking this because I mainly shot underwater and the housing market it's strange.
    Housing producers can't cope with the digital camera market speed. Every year or least a new model is out.
    No way to design and build a new housing and hoping to cover the cost in few months.

Until few months ago there was only a brand (not the best) producing housing for GH1 and GF1. 90% of the markets is for Sony, Nikon and Canon.

Right now Nauticam placed a bet on Panasonic camera with three housings aimed to professional users:

LX5
    http://www.nauticam.com/product.asp?id=116

GF2 & GH2 and actually a full new line geared towards mirrorless camera:

http://www.nauticam.com/product-list-ca.asp?id=14

After few days they introduced the GF2 housing, Panasonic presented the GF3 with a different shape so their new housing is useless :-)

Bye
  • GF1 is still useful. GF2 is good, too. I think it would be smart going after one or two previous generation. Cheaper. Better accessories. Possibly available hack.

e.g. GH2 was announced almost a year ago. GH3 rumors circulating. Price of GH3 is dropping. Hack is available. This is time to get GH2.
  • > GH2 was announced almost a year ago. GH3 rumors circulating. Price of GH3 is dropping. Hack is available. This is time to get GH2

Perfect strategy for land shooting!
    Underwater you have to stick with what is available, except if you are a canon or sony user ;-)

GH2 housing is still difficult to get here in Italy. I have to buy without test.
    GF2 is ready available and it cost half the price...

For the rule above, maybe once the GH2 housing is at the shop, hack is available for GF2 ;-)
  • Hello,
    I own a gf2 and absolutely love this camera! It's really a shame it's video capabilities are so restricted... I dream like many others of a hack for this wonderful little camera. I really hope it will happen :-) and will of course be willing to donate for it.
  • I recently was given a Japanese Only GF2 and would love to have the English menus available.
  • just recent got a gf2 and i see it can't be hacked, any hopes over this? thanks
  • the firmware have released, could it be started for the hack plan?
  • Waiting for reply about hack plans to stop guessing between gf2&gh2 :)
  • Why we have new firmware, it has different encryption.
    So, same shit about direct dumping firmware.
    I am not sure that we'll find necessary number fo guys.
  • thx a lot for Vitaliy explaination,i am thought use some tools to do disassemble is easy.
    it's hard after i tried :(
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions