Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Pentax thoughts
  • Hello, I wanted to revive the forum with the intention to progress more in the Hack of the pentax.

All this came the need of a friend downgrade a firmware 1.13 to 1.12 In a Pentax K-5 by problems in focus with tungsten light.

I did some research with a Pentax K-7 and its firmware and discovered several things. But the most important and which I think is the cause of the hack of the pentax has not been made possible, I have managed to introduce several ways firmware modified. I'm pretty sure that works in K5, Kx and Kr as well, but I dare say that in older models and new models too like K-30

I want people who have contributed much in this thread, . to renew their illusions. Publish their progress.

The first thing you would need is a good disassembly of any of these models (very similar). I have Ida Pro 5.5, but my knowledge of assembler are rather poor and I can not get to disassemble the code well.

If I can today, will try to test this in a K-5.

I leave you a snapshot of a small text change in the firmware of a K7, which is the model that has left me a friend.

A great

Hacked_pentax-K7.JPG
    640 x 480 - 78K
  • 1 Reply sorted by
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions